BACK UP BLOG

This blog is a backup for American Indian Adoptees blog
There might be some duplicate posts prior to 2020. I am trying to delete them when I find them. Sorry!

SURVEY FOR ALL FIRST NATIONS ADOPTEES

SURVEY FOR ALL FIRST NATIONS ADOPTEES
ADOPTEES - we are doing a COUNT

If you need support

Support Info: If you are a Survivor and need emotional support, a national crisis line is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week: Residential School Survivor Support Line: 1-866-925-4419. Additional Health Support Information: Emotional, cultural, and professional support services are also available to Survivors and their families through the Indian Residential Schools Resolution Health Support Program. Services can be accessed on an individual, family, or group basis.” These & regional support phone numbers are found at https://nctr.ca/contact/survivors/ . MY EMAIL: tracelara@pm.me

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Five Categories of Adoptees Missing from the "Vocal Minority"

I want you all to read this post by Rebecca Hawkes and let me know where you land on this list and how you feel about it.


Sea Glass & Other Fragments: Five Categories of Adoptees Missing from the "Vocal Minority...: That phrase, "they don't talk about being adopted so they don't care about it." Don't use silence to dismiss thoughts...



My thoughts: Without the internet, I wouldn't even have this blog AMERICAN INDIAN ADOPTEES or even know about the above post. I wouldn't be able to read the voices, views and written words of the adopted. In a real sense, I would not have moved from the thick dark fog to the "knowing" place where I am today.   By the way, I am still changing - every - single - day.  I cannot believe how different I am since I started ONE SMALL SACRIFICE to the next book TWO WORLDS.  I have not been threatened by anyone to shut up about my views on adoption -- well,  not yet anyway.  I am not a silenced adoptee though I am sure there are people who wish I would just stop reporting on issues like the Baby Veronica case.  I can see clearly that denying this horrific history only dooms us to repeat it. I can see that the Indian Adoption Projects was ANCESTRICIDE - a way to extract Indians from tribal rolls and make us American-protypes. These projects and programs erased our ancestry and identity in sealed closed adoptions.  This was genocide for many tribes.  I do not judge those who adopted us. I do not expect an apology from the American government or even an acknowledgment of what they did.  I judge the governments and individuals who created adoption programs to remove Indian children from their families....That was an atrocity and evil... Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.

CLICK OLDER POSTS (above) to see more news

CLICK OLDER POSTS  (above) to see more news

BOOKSHOP

Please use BOOKSHOP to buy our titles. We will not be posting links to Amazon.

Featured Post

Does adopting make people high? #WonderDrug

reblog from 2013 By Trace A. DeMeyer  Hentz I’ve been reading blogs by Christian folks who saved an orphan and plan to do it again.   Appar...

Popular Posts

To Veronica Brown

Veronica, we adult adoptees are thinking of you today and every day. We will be here when you need us. Your journey in the adopted life has begun, nothing can revoke that now, the damage cannot be undone. Be courageous, you have what no adoptee before you has had; a strong group of adult adoptees who know your story, who are behind you and will always be so.

OUR HISTORY

OUR HISTORY
BOOK 5: Lost Children of the Indian Adoption Projects