BACK UP BLOG

This blog is a backup for American Indian Adoptees blog
There might be some duplicate posts prior to 2020. I am trying to delete them when I find them. Sorry!

SURVEY FOR ALL FIRST NATIONS ADOPTEES

SURVEY FOR ALL FIRST NATIONS ADOPTEES
ADOPTEES - we are doing a COUNT

If you need support

Support Info: If you are a Survivor and need emotional support, a national crisis line is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week: Residential School Survivor Support Line: 1-866-925-4419. Additional Health Support Information: Emotional, cultural, and professional support services are also available to Survivors and their families through the Indian Residential Schools Resolution Health Support Program. Services can be accessed on an individual, family, or group basis.” These & regional support phone numbers are found at https://nctr.ca/contact/survivors/ . MY EMAIL: tracelara@pm.me

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Indigenous chocolate shop to open in downtown Sudbury #60sScoop


 An Indigenous chef who creates edible art is expanding her business in Sudbury.



Tammy Maki started Raven Rising Chocolate shop e-Commerce in October
020 and is now opening a storefront. Maki used some of the money she
received from the '60s scoop settlement to start up the business.



"It kinda' didn't feel like very good money, so I actually wanted to
take that money and apply it to something positive," she said.



"So I did take a portion of it strayed Raven Rising and quite frankly it was the best decision I have made."



Maki's chocolate shop will be located in the old Capitol Theatre on Cedar Street downtown.



"I fell in love when I walked in here and I remember it because I am 57
so I remember when it was the Capitol Theatre," she said.



"And when I allowed in and saw the ceilings, what I do is create art … edible art and this place makes me want to create it."



Maki said Raven Rising will be an Indigenous forward shop.



edible art

"There will be a lot of chocolates that are Indigenous ingredient-based
and I do a lot of sourcing from Indigenous businesses, but, of course, I
also proudly use local ingredients, lots of local farm ingredients and
sourced in Canada as well," she said.



Along with opening the retail space, Maki is helping Indigenous
students pursue the art. She's offering a 1,500 Raven Rising Pastry Art
Scholarship at George Brown College. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.

CLICK OLDER POSTS (above) to see more news

CLICK OLDER POSTS  (above) to see more news

BOOKSHOP

Please use BOOKSHOP to buy our titles. We will not be posting links to Amazon.

Featured Post

Does adopting make people high? #WonderDrug

reblog from 2013 By Trace A. DeMeyer  Hentz I’ve been reading blogs by Christian folks who saved an orphan and plan to do it again.   Appar...

Popular Posts

To Veronica Brown

Veronica, we adult adoptees are thinking of you today and every day. We will be here when you need us. Your journey in the adopted life has begun, nothing can revoke that now, the damage cannot be undone. Be courageous, you have what no adoptee before you has had; a strong group of adult adoptees who know your story, who are behind you and will always be so.

OUR HISTORY

OUR HISTORY
BOOK 5: Lost Children of the Indian Adoption Projects