BACK UP BLOG

This blog is a backup for American Indian Adoptees blog
There might be some duplicate posts prior to 2020. I am trying to delete them when I find them. Sorry!

SURVEY FOR ALL FIRST NATIONS ADOPTEES

SURVEY FOR ALL FIRST NATIONS ADOPTEES
ADOPTEES - we are doing a COUNT

If you need support

Support Info: If you are a Survivor and need emotional support, a national crisis line is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week: Residential School Survivor Support Line: 1-866-925-4419. Additional Health Support Information: Emotional, cultural, and professional support services are also available to Survivors and their families through the Indian Residential Schools Resolution Health Support Program. Services can be accessed on an individual, family, or group basis.” These & regional support phone numbers are found at https://nctr.ca/contact/survivors/ . MY EMAIL: tracelara@pm.me

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Adoptees getting results with Facebook Pages

what adoptees are doing on Facebook
By Trace A. DeMeyer

Soaring Angels on Yahoo Groups is a fantastic resource for adoptees. They offer help and hope.
This just posted about an adoptee who used Facebook to find his mom or rather she found his page.
To me, there is a cruelty in the ignorance of lawmakers who deny us our own families and information.
Use Facebook to create a page today. Use the word ADOPTED and details from your non-identifying information like Dan did.  You can also get a special gmail email from google like the woman did above....


My Mom has found me!!!!!!
Her friend found my Facebook search page!

I created a page titled with my birth name, date of birth, and the word ADOPTED
I posted snippets of my non-ID as well as pictures of me throughout my life.


I had burned out hard on the whole search and politics of adoption, and had left the page just in case, but rarely looked at it.
Mom sent a message with her phone #, and by the time I had reverse searched on white pages, she called me!

We've been seeing each other at least weekly, this being the first weekend we missed.
It's been about a month, and all is well.
I've met a bunch of in-laws that have taken me in as family.
I also found that I have a half brother that grew up within 10 miles of me, same school system, same middle school, cross town rival high school. He doesn't know about me, but our father skipped out on both of us, though he did marry half bro's mom.

Thank you for helping and putting up with my 'tude over the years.

I would like to suggest a similar page to augment the many poster pics people are sharing on FB. Those pics are great, but can get lost in a timeline very quickly. The page stays constant, and a good way to get messages, as well as providing a place for more info and clues for who's being searched for.

Thank you all again, and bless your search efforts!
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.

CLICK OLDER POSTS (above) to see more news

CLICK OLDER POSTS  (above) to see more news

BOOKSHOP

Please use BOOKSHOP to buy our titles. We will not be posting links to Amazon.

Featured Post

Does adopting make people high? #WonderDrug

reblog from 2013 By Trace A. DeMeyer  Hentz I’ve been reading blogs by Christian folks who saved an orphan and plan to do it again.   Appar...

Popular Posts

To Veronica Brown

Veronica, we adult adoptees are thinking of you today and every day. We will be here when you need us. Your journey in the adopted life has begun, nothing can revoke that now, the damage cannot be undone. Be courageous, you have what no adoptee before you has had; a strong group of adult adoptees who know your story, who are behind you and will always be so.

OUR HISTORY

OUR HISTORY
BOOK 5: Lost Children of the Indian Adoption Projects