BACK UP BLOG

This blog is a backup for American Indian Adoptees blog
There might be some duplicate posts prior to 2020. I am trying to delete them when I find them. Sorry!

SURVEY FOR ALL FIRST NATIONS ADOPTEES

SURVEY FOR ALL FIRST NATIONS ADOPTEES
ADOPTEES - we are doing a COUNT

If you need support

Support Info: If you are a Survivor and need emotional support, a national crisis line is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week: Residential School Survivor Support Line: 1-866-925-4419. Additional Health Support Information: Emotional, cultural, and professional support services are also available to Survivors and their families through the Indian Residential Schools Resolution Health Support Program. Services can be accessed on an individual, family, or group basis.” These & regional support phone numbers are found at https://nctr.ca/contact/survivors/ . MY EMAIL: tracelara@pm.me

Monday, August 15, 2011

Blessed

I am blessed to know many adoptees and others related to the adoption issue. When I was doing my search for my birthparents back in my 20s and 30s, I had not found anyone else who had made contact and had a reunion. 
While I was writing "One Small Sacrifice," I made contact with many new adoptees who became teachers and friends who supported me as I continue to grow, learn and heal. There are too many to list here but they know who they are. I lovingly call them my "Think Tank."
Yes, each and every adoptee has helped me grow emotionally and spiritually as I continue to understand our unique place in this world as Lost Children/adoptees.
I recently met Korean-American adoptee Kevin Ost-Vollmers, the writer-blogger at Land of Gazillion Adoptees in Minnesota. Here is the link to our August 12th interview: http://wp.me/p1Alq6-lk.
Sign up for Kevin's blog and mine. You will receive an email when we post something new.
Adoptees are uniting on many fronts for open adoption records and the restoration of our identities and the legal right to own a copy of our original birth certificate. We still have a long way to go with the current laws.
As I wrote in One Small Sacrifice: "We can’t undo what’s been done but learn from it. We can’t erase the past but we must never repeat it."
Thank you, thank you, thank you...to everyone who has supported me. Thanks to everyone who reads this blog and shares it. Thanks to my family and friends on Facebook.
All our relations, AHO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.

CLICK OLDER POSTS (above) to see more news

CLICK OLDER POSTS  (above) to see more news

BOOKSHOP

Please use BOOKSHOP to buy our titles. We will not be posting links to Amazon.

Featured Post

Does adopting make people high? #WonderDrug

reblog from 2013 By Trace A. DeMeyer  Hentz I’ve been reading blogs by Christian folks who saved an orphan and plan to do it again.   Appar...

Popular Posts

To Veronica Brown

Veronica, we adult adoptees are thinking of you today and every day. We will be here when you need us. Your journey in the adopted life has begun, nothing can revoke that now, the damage cannot be undone. Be courageous, you have what no adoptee before you has had; a strong group of adult adoptees who know your story, who are behind you and will always be so.

OUR HISTORY

OUR HISTORY
BOOK 5: Lost Children of the Indian Adoption Projects